Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Research Paper

Vanessa Villafana
Ben DeSoto
Period 5
Research Paper
            My future career would be a Veterinarian. The reason why I chose this career is because I would really like to help animals and also because I’m an animal person. Where I would be studying to be a Veterinarian is at Texas A&M at Corpus Christi. My interests are also investigating occupations frequently that involve working with ideas, and require an extensive amount of thinking. Also they give advice to the owners of the pet on how to breed them and to take care of them. There’s two types of vets. There’s a small vet for smaller species. Then there’s another vet called large animal vet which is for horses, cows, and bulls. Like those kinds of animals. My interest is in a small animal vet instead. Being a Veterinarian requires a lot of thinking and working with ideas. At Texas A&M my main point is to graduate specializing in Veterinary Medicine first. The first step in becoming a Veterinarian begins in high school. Since I already took my courses in Math, Chemistry, Biology, and Physics I already have my first step down.
            A description of what I’m going to be doing is diagnosing and treating diseases and dysfunctions of animals. A Veterinarian task is to examine animals to detect and determine the nature of diseases or injuries. Most Veterinarians work at a clinic. Veterinarians are the only ones that can undertake the surgery of an animal and who are registered as a vet. Veterinarians can perform any type of surgery on the animal if they need it.
            A salary of a Veterinarian is $83,040 a year which is about $39.44 an hour. If I would want to become a professional Vet I would need a doctoral/professional degree to get to this level. The Veterinarian career is expected to grow by 36%. Being employed in one of the best paying states for Veterinarians can earn as much as $92,000 a year which is about $10,000 more than the median pay. I think being a Veterinarian gets a good pay, especially since it’s something that I would love to do.
            The reason why I want to be a Veterinarian is because since I was a little girl I was always around animals. Since this day I have a lot of dogs at my house. I also have 2 birds. I think it’s very nice to help out every animal that needs help. When I see an animal that needs help I compare it to a human. I always say that animals are like humans but the only difference is that they can’t talk. Whenever we take my pets to the vet I see the other animals there at the Vets shop and they look really sick, which hurts my feeling seeing them that way.
            Another reason why I want to be a Veterinarian is because I don’t like animal abuse. I think by being something important in helping animals would help them recover from what they had been through. We can also save their lives if their almost dying. Then we can find the animals a special home where they would take a good care of them and wouldn’t have to suffer again.
            Being a Veterinarian is a very important career since it’s a career helping the animals. Good thing people studied in helping animals because animals need special attention also. An animal can be someone’s best friend. But in order to be a Veterinarian you can’t be gross out in the animals wound or anything major that the animals have.
            Veterinary Medicine Veterinary is the branch of medicine that deals with the diseases of animals. Treating pets deals with diseases of animals. Treating pets is one of the most profitable fields in veterinary medicine. The proper vaccination of animals and the diagnosis of diseases are part of a veterinarian’s duties. Pre veterinary programs offer classes in humanities, communications, social sciences, mathematics, chemistry, and biology.
             The reason why I picked a Veterinarian as my career is because I’m interested in learning in animals. Sometimes the animals are really lovable and can be somebody’s best friend. I had a dog friend; I was so attached to him. We had them since he was a puppy. But then he ran away and I got very upset that he left the house. But then he came back and everything was just right.
           
           
           


No comments:

Post a Comment